Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Why vote your conscience when you have a party to tell you who to vote for?

Over at Blue Oregon I was dumbfound by the HC fanclub and their attack dogs assertion that I should vote for her even despite my reservations about her candidacy. After all, President John Kerry did so well in 2004. Wait a second...whoops...Bush won the election.

This was a response to a post about Hillary Clinton organizing in Oregon, in which I replied that 1) I would never vote for her; 2) That I feel Hillary Clinton would not win Oregon due to the lack of swing votes she'd have to get.

This is the same Hillary Clinton that voted FOR the war and refuses to apologize. HC herself said that if people can't deal with that to vote for someone else. The same HC that cozied up to Rupert "Fox Neocon" Murdoch and took money from him. The same HC that takes large donations from special interest. The same HC that has taken large amounts of cashfrom questionable sources (see articles Large donations made by family with ties to Hsu and Hillary donates $23,000 she got from fugitive and Media Matters corrects MSM, donations funneled through the Paw family were kept by HC's campaign)

Yet the HC fanclub says I should vote for the presumptive nominee, the same one being crowned by the MSM and special interest she's getting money from. They have no problem throwing around words like, "arrogant" and "immature". They also have the gal to assume I'd vote for a Republican, which they are deadwrong about.

I'd say in terms of arrorgance and insult, the HC fanclub wins on both accounts.

3 comments:

maloney said...

I think that Senator Clinton's "front runner" status will evaporate after the first couple primaries. She probably leads in name recognition, and that's why she's "leading" in these national polls, but I think when actual voters vote, she'll be relegated to second tier.

I'm an Edwards supporter, and hope that he comes up to prominence "from behind." I'm also pretty annoyed with the idea that one's selection is "inevitable" and therefore, criticism should be silenced. Good on you for not buying it.

The Yes on 49 eTeam said...

Hi Blue Storm

Are you interested in blogging about Measure 49? If so please let us know.

DA English said...

To the guy that supports Edwards (sorry I can't read your name on my screen), I hope that happens as well. If it does, it will be a real horse race. My problem with Edwards is two fold, 1) He had his chance with Kerry (who really ran a poor campaign) and 2) Edwards has come out against KFTA.

Now, if Edwards is the nominee, I will support him. I can't say the same thing about Hillary Clinton though. If HC gets the nomination, I will not support her nor vote for her.

I've been lambasted for my stance on Blue Oregon, however I will stand my ground.

FYI-I had posted a comment regarding Measure 49 in reply to the message left and confused it with Measure 50 (I don't support 50, but DO support 49).